SWN Resources seeks longer injunction against shale gas protesters
FREDERICTON – A company exploring for shale gas in New Brunswick is asking the courts to extend an injunction intended to keep protesters from interfering with their work.
SWN Resources will make its case in the Court of Queen’s Bench in Fredericton on Monday afternoon, just hours before an existing injunction granted last week expires.
In its notice of motion, the company says the injunction, which includes a buffer zone around their equipment, has been effective but there have still been protests that have resulted in arrests.
It says security concerns and bad weather have meant the loss of three days work, and the company is unable to complete all of its seismic testing along Highway 11 by the end of Monday.
An anti-shale gas protest near Rexton turned violent last month when police enforced an injunction to halt the blockade of a SWN equipment compound.
Forty people were arrested and six police vehicles burned.
http://globalnews.ca/news/997028/swn-resources-seeks-longer-injunction-against-shale-gas-protesters/
Posted on November 28, 2013, in Oil & Gas and tagged anti-fracking New Brunswick, Elsipogtog First Nation, Indigenous resistance, Mi’kmaq, native protests, native resistance, New Brunswick shale gas protests, SWN Resources Canada, warrior. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.


I wish my best to each and all who protest explorations. The gas, like oil, should be kept in the ground!