Lillooet band office attacker’s death not linked to police response, IIO finds
David Allan Patrick James, 22, died after he allegedly entered the band office with weapons on Oct. 14

David James, 22, has been identified as the man behind an attack in Lillooet, B.C. (CBC News, submitted by the James family)
CBC News, Oct 20, 2015
B.C.’s civilian police watchdog (IIO) has found police were not connected to the death of a man who viciously attacked the Bridge River Indian Band office near Lillooet, B.C. earlier this month.
David Allan Patrick James, 22, died after he allegedly entered the band office with weapons just before 8:30 a.m. PT on Oct. 14, and assaulted staff, sending 11 people to hospital.
Lillooet RCMP officers who first arrived at the band office said they found James already restrained, unconscious and unresponsive. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
James was a member of the band community and had been identified as someone needing help according to a statement released by a coalition of First Nations organizations at the time of the attack.
In a news release issued Tuesday, the Independent Investigations Office said it had released all jurisdiction into the matter.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lillooet-band-office-attack-police-iio-1.3281110
Posted on October 21, 2015, in Indian Act Indians and tagged Bridge River Indian Band, David Allan Patrick James, hammer attack, indian act band councils, Lillooet. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

Pingback: Lillooet band office attacker’s death not linked to police response, IIO finds | Nina's Soap Bubble Box